Pre-order now: World War Cthulhu Cold War. The follow up to The Darkest Hour, our best selling Call of Cthulhu setting.
“The Americans were passing Intel to the Israelis, hoping that they’d act fast to grab the artefacts as a cultural priority, mainly to snub the Russians. They didn’t know about the Stasi mole funnelling everything back to Moscow, or that their Damascus network was wide open. We had some agents in place throughout, but I didn’t for a minute think we weren’t compromised in some way or another. And my code N sources were feeding back whispers from the cultists that they’d got a solid lead on the origins of the pieces and were getting ready to move. The whole thing was a murky mess, and I needed to clean it up. The only thing I knew for sure was that we needed to neutralise half a dozen people in the next 24 hours... but who?”
World War Cthulhu: Cold War throws you into one of the most paranoid and chaotic conflicts of the 20th century. The tangled webs of the spymasters tear and rejoin, double and triple agents make their moves and counter-moves, and it’s hard to be sure which side you’re really working for. Nuclear destruction hangs over everyone, and a few people at the heart of western intelligence continue their personal battle against the insidious influence of a much older enemy…
• A complete, historical espionage setting for Call of Cthulhu
• Packed with advice on running espionage Mythos investigations in the 1970s
• Unique new trust mechanic, building on the Call of Cthulhu 7e rules
• Tips on tradecraft, running operations, special equipment, cults and Mythos entities
• 26 detailed intelligence theatres from Berlin to Malaysia, with plot hooks and scenario seeds
• A complete, Istanbul-based sandbox campaign: Intersections
• Connects to World War Cthulhu: The Darkest Hour
• Packed with impossible choices, paranoia and mind-breaking horror
World War Cthulhu: Cold War is a setting for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition, with conversion notes for earlier editions. You will need a copy of Chaosium’s Call of Cthulhu Rulebook to play.
Written by Scott Dorward, Matthew Sanderson, Paul Fricker, Martin Dougherty, Harold Adrian Russell, Jason Durall, Andrew Kenrick, Ken Spencer, Nick Robinson, Mike Mason, Matt Nixon, Alasdair Stuart.
Illustrated by Paul Bourne, Jon Hodgson, Scott Purdy and Sam Manley.
Suggested for mature readers.
World War Cthulhu: Cold War is available for pre-order at the C7 store now. All pre-orders come with a free PDF. You can also grab the PDF itself from DrivethruRPG now. Print copies are anticipated to arrive Summer 2016.
Alternatively, order at your local Bits and Mortar participating retailer and get the PDF free.