Cubicle 7 and Sophisticated Games are pleased to announce that pre-orders are now open for Rivendell, the latest supplement for The One Ring Roleplaying Game. It's available in PDF now and in print later this year.
This setting supplement will take your adventures west across the Misty Mountains to the Last Homely House, expanding play into eastern Eriador, covering not only Rivendell itself, but Angmar, Fornost, Mount Gram, Tharbad and everywhere in between.
There are also rules for creating your own Magical Treasure; playing Rangers of the North and High Elves of Rivendell; turning the baleful Eye of Mordor on your company; and facing more powerful adversaries than ever before.
Rivendell is written by Francesco Nepitello, with additional contributions from Amado Angulo, Shane Ivey, Andrew Kenrick, Marco Maggi, Thomas Morwinsky and James M. Spahn. It is lavishly illustrated by Jon Hodgson, Jan Pospíšil and Jeremy McHugh, with fantastic maps of Eastern Eriador created by Paul Bourne.
This hardcover, 144-page, full-colour supplement includes:
- Background for the Last Homely House, the sanctuary of Rivendell itself.
- Write-ups of the characters that might be encountered in Imladris, from Elrond and Arwen to Glorfindel and the White Council.
- New Fellowship undertakings, including rules for composing your own songs.
- A history of Arnor, Angmar and the Dúnedain.
- A region guide to Eastern Eriador, including the Barrow-downs, the Trollshaws and Angmar.
- New adversaries to face, including Ettins, Hill-men of Rhudaur and the toughest Troll of them all, the Queen of Castle Hill.
- A bestiary of different types of undead creatures, from Bog Soldiers and Barrow-wights to the Lord of the Nazgûl himself, the Witch-king of Angmar.
- Rules for powerful adversaries, allowing you to customise any monster to provide a challenge for even the most heroic of adventurers.
- A set of optional rules, the Eye of Mordor, to track how much attention the Enemy reserves for the company.
- Rules for adding Magical Treasure to your campaign, including dozens of ready-made artefacts, some famous, others less so.
- Two new playable Heroic Cultures: the Rangers of the North and the High Elves of Rivendell.
All pre-orders of Rivendell come with a complimentary copy of the PDF, due June 2014. Pre-orders via participating retail stores come with a voucher for a PDF from the Bits and Mortar programme.
If you just want the PDF version of Rivendell it is available right now here.
To find out more about Rivendell, check out our series of previews here.