We shared the cover for Kings of the Sea the other day, our forthcoming supplement for the Yggdrasill Roleplaying Game. Today we thought we’d take a look at what you can expect to find within it.
“I have been a helmsman
and a forecastle-man
and a leader
of all the warriors.”
– Völsa þáttr stanza 12
In this new supplement, our Viking adventurers take to the sea in search of the coveted title ‘Saekonungar’ – King of the Sea! Pirate or trader, mercenary or master of your own ship, captain or pilot, the northern seas offer themselves up to those brave enough to claim their destiny, drawn by the salt smell of the wind and the crack of the sails.
In this supplement you will find:
- New professions linked to the sea.
- Information on the ships of Scandia.
- Rules for naval combat.
- Background on the neighbouring peoples, including the Angles and Finns.
- The genealogy of the kingdoms of the north during the course of the ongoing Yggdrasill campaign.
- An overview of the ongoing events across the kingdoms of Scandia.
- The continuation of the epic Yggdrasill campaign with a multi-part adventure that sees our heroes setting out on their own in the world, getting involved in German politics, saving a colony from a ferocious Troll and racing against time to stop a terrible beast once bound by Thor from being unleashed upon the world.
- A new stand-alone adventure that can be used on its own or as an interlude in the campaign.
Kings of the Sea! Here legends are born! Coming soon for Yggdrasill.