Hitting the shelves of US gaming stores today – Rivendell and Doctor Who: The Card Game Second Edition!
Rivendell is the latest supplement for The One Ring Roleplaying Game, describing the lands surrounding the Vale of Imladris and providing a compendium of new rules for the game; while Doctor Who: The Card Game is the second edition of our award-winning card game, featuring brand-new artwork, different incarnations of the Doctor, new companions and more besides!
Rivendell will take your adventures west across the Misty Mountains to the Last Homely House, expanding play into eastern Eriador, covering not only Rivendell itself, but Angmar, Fornost, Mount Gram, Tharbad and everywhere in between.
There are also rules for creating your own Magical Treasure; playing Rangers of the North and High Elves of Rivendell; turning the baleful Eye of Mordor on your company; and facing more powerful adversaries than ever before.
You can find our series of Rivendell previews right here to read in-depth designers notes about the supplement.
This hardcover, 144-page, full-colour supplement includes:
- Background for the Last Homely House, the sanctuary of Rivendell itself.
- Write-ups of the characters that might be encountered in Imladris, from Elrond and Arwen to Glorfindel and the White Council.
- New Fellowship undertakings, including rules for composing your own songs.
- A history of Arnor, Angmar and the Dúnedain.
- A region guide to Eastern Eriador, including the Barrow-downs, the Trollshaws and Angmar.
- New adversaries to face, including Ettins, Hill-men of Rhudaur and the toughest Troll of them all, the Queen of Castle Hill.
- A bestiary of different types of undead creatures, from Bog Soldiers and Barrow-wights to the Lord of the Nazgûl himself, the Witch-king of Angmar.
- Rules for powerful adversaries, allowing you to customise any monster to provide a challenge for even the most heroic of adventurers.
- A set of optional rules, the Eye of Mordor, to track how much attention the Enemy reserves for the company.
- Rules for adding Magical Treasure to your campaign, including dozens of ready-made artefacts, some famous, others less so.
- Two new playable Heroic Cultures: the Rangers of the North and the High Elves of Rivendell.
Rivendell is written by Francesco Nepitello, with additional contributions from Amado Angulo, Shane Ivey, Andrew Kenrick, Marco Maggi, Thomas Morwinsky and James M. Spahn. It is lavishly illustrated by Jon Hodgson, Jan Pospíšil and Jeremy McHugh, with fantastic maps of Eastern Eriador on the endpapers created by Paul Bourne.
Rivendell – also available as a PDF!
About Doctor Who: The Card Game
Daleks! Cybermen! Sontarans! The list of threats is endless and no place in the universe is ever truly safe from danger. But there’s one man who’s made it his mission to defend the defenceless, help the helpless, and save everyone he can. The Doctor!
Doctor Who: The Card Game is by internationally renowned designer Martin Wallace, and has been designed for both seasoned time-travelling gamers and newly regenerated players.
In Doctor Who: The Card Game you:
- Defend the universe with the Doctor and his companions.
- Exterminate your opponents with Daleks, Cybermen and other enemies.
- Control locations through time and space to win.
- Use Jammy Dodgers, Sonic Screwdrivers and other clever plans to save the day.
The new, second edition of Doctor Who: The Card Game features the same great game as the first edition, but with loads of new cards, including the Ninth, Tenth and Twelfth Doctors, companions such as Clara and Rose, new locations and enemies, and a set of variant rules for playing with two players!
The game contains everything you need to play: a set of English rules, 132 cards, a set of counters and a player aid card.
You can download a copy of the the second edition rules here.