Hitting the shelves of US gaming stores today – The Fourth Doctor Sourcebook for Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space and The Darkening of Mirkwood for The One Ring Roleplaying Game.
Stores elsewhere in the world should be receiving their copies soon. We’re also pleased to confirm that all UK pre-orders of The Darkening of Mirkwood and The Fourth Doctor Sourcebook have now been dispatched, with pre-orders to the rest of the world well on their way too.
About The Fourth Doctor Sourcebook
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, this Sourcebook explores the Fourth Doctor’s adventures on Earth and beyond. With detailed information on all the allies, enemies, aliens and gadgets that he encounters, as well as examining each of his adventures, the book contains a wealth of material for the Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG, and is also a fact-packed resource for fans of the show!
Freed from his exile on Earth, the Doctor returned to his wandering ways, drawn to some of the great battles of the cosmos. Team up with a fellow Time Lord and a robot dog, explore E-Space, search for the Key to Time and return to Gallifrey as its saviour. Uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Mars, change the destiny of the Daleks and thwart the machinations of the Master’s final incarnation.
But first things first... would you like a jelly baby?
This 256-page book contains:
- Character sheets for the Fourth Doctor and his companions, including Sarah Jane Smith and both incarnations of Romana.
- How to run games that feel like they belong in the Fourth Doctor’s era.
- New character traits and gadgets.
- A detailed guide to each of the Fourth Doctor’s adventures, including a synopsis of the episode, stats for both monsters and NPCs, advice for running it as an adventure and a selection of plot hooks.
- An appendix detailing the unbroadcasted episode Shada.
You can download a free sample of the book here, the write-up of the episode Pyramids of Mars.
256 pages, hardcover, full-colour interior.
The Fourth Doctor Sourcebook – also available now in PDF!
About The Darkening of Mirkwood
The Necromancer may have been cast out of Dol Guldur, but a lingering darkness remains over Mirkwood, a shadow that will grow ever longer as the years draw on – unless a fellowship of heroes step forward and hold back the gloom.
The Darkening of Mirkwood is a complete campaign for The One Ring, set in Mirkwood over the course of three decades. It allows you to tell your own epic saga, following your heroes in their quest as the tale of years unfolds before them.
This supplement includes enough adventure material to keep you playing for months or even years, as well as new rules that give your heroes a real stake in what happens to the world around them. Rules for Holdings allow them to carve out their own corner of Middle-earth, whilst new options for the Fellowship Phase and Undertakings to achieve allow them to chart their own path.
Visit the Parliament of Spiders, do battle with the Nazgûl, meddle in the affairs of Wizards and enter the Halls of King Thranduil. Stand firm against the Shadow and maybe the Darkening of Mirkwood can be averted. Falter for even a moment and all that you know and love will be lost.
This 144-page supplement includes:
- A campaign spanning 30 years worth of game time, including complete adventures and plot hooks in abundance.
- Stats for the Nazgûl for the first time.
- New Fellowship phase undertakings.
- Rules for Holdings, allowing heroes to carve out their own corner of Middle-earth.
144 pages, hardcover, full-colour interior.
The Darkening of Mirkwood – also available in PDF now!