With the titanic and ever-increasing success of the Guide to Glorantha Kickstarter, now seems like a great time to jump into the world of Glorantha! This week sees the release of three core Glorantha titles in US games stores, brought to you by Cubicle 7 in partnership with Moon Design Publications.
Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes is the first in the Gloranthan HeroQuest line of books. A huge setting and scenario book that contains everything you need for a Gloranthan HeroQuest campaign set amongst the storm-worshipping tribes of the Kingdom of Sartar:
• How to create Sartarite characters and clans using the HeroQuest rules
• Expanded rules for Rune Magic in HeroQuest
• The magic and religion of the Sartarites (including complete writeups of the cults of Orlanth, Ernalda, Humakt, Chalana Arroy, Issaries, Lhankor Mhy, Elmal, Urox and Yinkin)
• A guide to Sartarite myths and the powerful magical adventures called heroquesting
• Background information about the Kingdom of Sartar and its peoples
• An epic campaign arc that will put your characters in the middle of the magical wars that will determine the fate of the Kingdom of Sartar.
The Sartar Companion is the second of the Gloranthan HeroQuest line of books. A huge setting and scenario book that gives you the opportunity for countless hours of sandbox play in the Kingdom of Sartar setting:
• Detailed descriptions of many important locations in Sartar, including Jonstown, Clearwine, Runegate, the Colymar Wilds, Old Wind Temple, and the New Lunar Temple.
• More than 40 “Road” Encounters – each one forming the basis of a game session (or more).
• More than 30 Special Encounters – unique events, places, or individuals that help define Sartar as a setting.
• Seven complete campaign scenarios, all compatible with the Colymar Campaign fromSartar: Kingdom of Heroes.
• Complete writeups of the cults of Argan Argar, Babeester Gor, Eurmal, Heler, Kolat, and Odayla
And much much more. With some 20 maps and hundreds of illustrations, Sartar Companion comes in at about 300 pages of PURE GLORANTHAN GOLD.
Pavis: Gateway to Adventure contains 416 pages of pure Gloranthan gold, including:
• Character creation for Pavis heroes.
• Full write-ups for locations including New Pavis, Pavis Country, Sun Dome County, Prax, the Ruins of Feroda, and the Pavis Temple.
• 66 detailed random encounters and 20 special encounters for Prax, the River of Cradles, and Pavis - each an adventure in its own right.
• Four full-length scenarios: Rough Business; The Celestial Engine; Red Moon Rising; and the Purple Troll. Each features major characters, themes, and plotlines for campaigns set in Pavis.
• Dozens of adventure seeds.
• Full write-ups for six Gloranthan cults: Pavis, Flintnail, Lanbril, Yelmalio, Zola Fel, and the Seven Mothers.
• More than thirty maps!
Revisit the classic city as you have never seen it before!
Phew! That's a whole lot of Glorantha goodness! Be sure to check out these three essential Glorantha titles in your local games store this week!