Under the dull lamplight, in eternal stasis, lies the Neovictorian world.
Trapped in great cities, crafted more like prisons than homes, live the survivors of the Great Rectification. They toil under the shadow of the Change Cage, forever told they are the lucky ones. They alone have been saved from an outside world now ruled by terrifying beasts. There is only death beyond the walls of the seventeen great Change Cage cities.
Inside the cities, the byzantine Administration rules the population with absolute authority. It roots out dissidence with an iron hand, turning neighbour against neighbour in its search for nonconformists and rebels.
But within these cities there is a faint strand of hope. Some understand the truth and fight the authority of the Administration. Some fight against the stratified society and seek an end to the eternal stasis. Some even dare to attempt escape…
Within this book you will find:
A 240 page, black and white, softcover, in depth look at life in the Neovictorian world, including the attitudes, traditions, fashions, religion and lifestyles of each of the classes.
- A gazetteer of the seventeen Change Cage cities across the world, each with their own secrets and lies to protect, including a detailed guide to the city of Desolation.
- Detail on the Administration and its ministries of Truth, Legacy, Hope, Diligence and Defence, as well as the Emperor and the Governors
- Expanded options for Neovictorian characters, including additional traits for Automata and Misbegotten player characters.
- The truth about the Change Cage and the mysterious Chuno Ggun, as well as notes for the Gamemaster on running Neovictorian adventures.
- An adventure, “Sand in the Hourglass”, set within the great city of Desolation, which may end in terrible bloodshed that will rock the Neovictorian world.