The Adventures in Middle-earth™ Loremaster's Guide will debut in PDF tomorrow! It'll be available to you free of charge if you've pre-ordered the print version, or to buy from DrivethruRPG as a PDF in its own right. In anticipation we're delighted to bring you this preview of the contents page of the Loremaster's Guide:
The quest that began with the Player’s Guide continues in this lavishly illustrated, hardcover. The Loremaster’s Guide presents inspiration, guidance and additional new rules to help you create and run encounters, adventures and campaigns in the world of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™, using the 5th Edition OGL ruleset. Packed with information, this volume is an invaluable resource for your games.
Adventures in Middle-earth Loremaster’s Guide contains:
• Extensive setting information for Wilderland
• A comprehensive guide to Lake-town
• Advice on theme and building your character group before the game begins
• Notes on the Adventuring phase, inspiration, rests and more!
• Expanded journey rules, including guidance on narrating Middle-earth journeys
• Information to help you create your own journey tables
• A guide to creating and playing NPCs, and a gallery of NPCs for your games
• A Wilderland bestiary of adversaries
• New rules for customising monsters and using scenery in battle
• Notes on treasure in Middle-earth, magic items and weapons
• A guide to offering expanded magic options
• Advice on running the Fellowship phase, patrons, sanctuaries and undertakings
The Loremaster's Guide is best used with the Adventures in Middle-earth Player’s Guide, and the latest edition of the world’s favourite